This Vegan/Vegetarian Curry Recipe is easy to make, feeds plenty of people, and helps you pack in your daily quota of healthy vegetables.
No dairy, meat, eggs, seafood, or poultry. A useful recipe for people with food allergies or intolerances to dairy, eggs, meat, etc.
Vegan Curry Ingredients
3-6 cloves garlic (depending on how much you love garlic!)
Large thumb size Fresh Ginger
2 Tins Coconut Milk
2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes
1 Large head of Broccoli
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
2 Red Peppers
1-2 Tins Chickpeas
1 Tin Sweetcorn
Handful fresh parsley or Coriander
Olive oil or Coconut oil
2-3 tsp Sea salt/Himalayan rock salt
3 Tbls Curry Powder
1 Tbls Cumin Seeds
1 Tbls Garam Masala Powder
1 Tbls Cayenne Pepper Powder
1 Tbls Turmeric Powder
1 Tbls Cinnamon Powder
6 Curry Leaves
Curry Preparation Method
- Grate the garlic & ginger and leave to one side
- Chop onions and leave to one side
- Add olive oil to a large pot over a medium heat
- Add the cumin seeds and let simmer for a minute
- Add the onions and mix
- Chop all vegetables
- When the onions look translucent add salt and stir
- Add the grated garlic and ginger and stir
- Add your spices and stir
- Add your sweet potato and stir well – getting all the flavours to blend
- Add the coconut milk & chopped tomatoes
- Cover the pot with a lid and turn up the heat a bit. Bring it to the boil and then let simmer for a few minutes with the lid on. Keep stirring from time to time so nothing sticks to the bottom
- When the sweet potato is beginning to soften add the rest of your vegetables. Let them simmer for 5mins.
- Add the chickpeas & sweetcorn.
- Chop the fresh parsley and sir in at the end.
You could feed an army with this. But if you have leftovers, freeze one half and leave the other half in the fridge for the week. Best consumed within 5 days. Then you have your lunches sorted for the next week – just take it out of the freezer the day before and store in the fridge once defrosted.
This curry goes great with brown rice.